Seminario Interuniversitario de Investigación en Ciencias Matemáticas
General Guidelines for SIDIM Poster Presenters
Poster presentations foster the exchange of ideas between the contributor and those who have a specific interest in the contributor's work. Poster presentations enable the presenters to proceed at a pace consistent with the interests of the group gathered around them.
How to Prepare your Presentation
- Your presentation should be based on displayed material.
- A concise statement of the problem and the results obtained should be a conspicuous part of the display.
- The display should be designed to take advantage of the fact that the presentation need not be "linearly ordered" as in a talk or written paper. For example, arrows directing the viewer to various parts of the display, and color-coding of different aspects of the work may be used to advantage.
- Creative use of graphic detail such as drawings, charts and tables is recommended.
- Display materials should fit within the 4 feet high x 6 feet wide area of the poster board, and should be legible from a distance of 10 feet-12 feet.
- Test the readability of your display before you arrive at the meeting.
At the Meeting
- Presenters should be available during the entire session to answer questions and discuss their work.
- Locate your assigned poster board. You have an hour to do this before the poster session actually starts.
- Please remove your posted materials within an hour of the end of the session. Any materials left on the poster board afterwards will be removed and discarded. SIDIM is not responsible for any discarded materials that were left at the completion of the session.
Poster boards will be provided by the SIDIM Organizing Committee.