The Seminario Interuniversitario de Investigación en Ciencias Matemáticas (Interuniversity Seminar on Mathematical Sciences Research, SIDIM) is one of the most important activities held in Puerto Rico for the promotion of Mathematics research.
- organizing the scientific part of the congress,
- Selecting plenary speakers,
- Evaluating abstracts,
- Seeking external funds,
- Coordinating with the Host Committee the congress activities, including its advertisement,
- Maintaining this Web page with information about the activities and the congress proceedings,
- Making and keeping international contacts to increase participation,
- Selecting SIDIM's hosts institutions,
- Maintaining the organization by-laws.
Each college institution in the island that has a program in mathematics or computer science interested in promoting research among its faculty and students may have at least one member in this Committee. These members should belong to the Committee for at least two years and could be re-elected by their departments for more terms.
|Julio Barety||Universidad de Puerto Rico en Mayagüez|
|Eduardo Caro||Universidad de Puerto Rico en Bayamón|
|Angel Cruz||Universidad Interamericana Recinto de Bayamón|
|Teresa Cruz||Universidad Interamericana Recinto de Bayamón|
|Mariano Marcano||Universidad de Puerto Rico en Río Piedras|
|Jossie de Varona||Universidad Interamericana Recinto Metro|
|Errol Montes||Universidad de Puerto Rico en Cayey|
|Pablo Negrón||Universidad de Puerto Rico en Humacao|
|Joaquín Pérez||Universidad de Puerto Rico en Ponce|
|Luis Pericchi||Universidad de Puerto Rico en Río Piedras|
|Luis Torres||Pontificia Universidad Católica de Ponce|
|Teresa Lipsett||Universidad del Turabo|
|Pedro Rodriguez||Universidad de Puerto Rico en Río Piedras|
|José Sánchez||Universidad del Turabo|
|Sara Torres||Universidad Interamericana Recinto de San Germán|
|Uroyoán Walker||Universidad de Puerto Rico en Mayagüez|
The SIDIM Host Institution Committee is not permanent. Their members are selected each year and consist mainly of faculty ascribed to that year's host institution. Members from the permanent committee should belong to this other committee. The responsibilities of this committee include, among others:
- Coordinating the logistics of the activity in the host institution,
- making reservations for audiovisual equipment, rooms, areas for sponsors, areas for poster presentations, certificates, etc.,
- finding pertinent information about traveling, accommodations, restaurants and publishing it on their web page.
- Plenary talks - This committee selects and contact the speakers for the plenary talks in consultation with other departments. Three plenary talks are usually given at the SIDIM on pure, applied and educational mathematics.
- Facilities and Meals - this Committee reserves facilities for all the congress activities as well as making the necessary arrangements for breakfast, lunch, cofee breaks and closing ceremony activities.
- Registration - Committee in charge of the registration table. Should have ready by the start of the congress all the materials that will be given to participants.
- Propaganda, Poster, Internet - Committee in charge of all the publicity including sending announcements to all the universities, coordinate the design of the poster of the congress, publishing the web page, sending press releases, sending e-mails reminding people about deadlines and other information.
- Special Donations - Committee in charge of seeking sponsors for the activity. Traditional sponsors include local high-tech companies, publishing companies, the Resource Center for Science and Engineering and the National Security Agency.
- Program preparation - Committee in charge of the preparation of the scientific program including the coordination of the evaluation and acceptance of abstracts and preparing the conference program leaving enough time for other committees whose work depend on the preparation of the program to do their job.
- International Guests - Committee in charge of providing information about lodging, travel and other pertinent information to guests from outside the island.
- Proceedings - Committee in charge of collecting materials for the proceedings that will be published in the permanent SIDIM page including abstracts, articles as well as photos, copies of the poster, etc.